"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." --An ancient Chinese belief


Thursday, February 14, 2008


What a busy week it has been! Last weekend we celebrated Chinese New Year. We were not able to actually celebrate it on the night the New Year started, Feb. 7th, but that is ok because the celebration lasts about 15 days anyway. MJ and I took Meghan to eat at our favorite Chinese restraunt. She loved every bit of it! Then we took her to the Melting Pot for dessert. She was not much for the chocolate fondue, but she loved the rice krispy treats they gave us for dipping. Meghan was such a trooper.

Before we went out, I put her in her red silk dress to take some pictures. I have more dresses for when she gets older. It was a tad big, that was ok. She even put on her red shoes to match, and they too, were a little big. I did not let her wear them out because, as you know, toddlers are messy and I was not about to let that silk dress get grease stains on it. We had fun taking pictures, but she did get cranky towards the end. She has a sort attention span these days.

Yesterday she turned 18mos. Wow! I can't believe our little girl is growing up so fast! She is becoming more and more active every day! She is a bundle of energy and joy. She likes carrying books and toys all over the house. Right now her favorite toys are her phone (it plays music), her book, Goodnight Moon (I have it memorized!), her snoopy lovey (security blanket plush), and a wooden donut set. Too bad my camera was charging tonight. She stacked them in such a fashion that she was able to balance her sippy cup on top of them. It is amazing what she can do. She is good with puzzles and things like that.

Meghan also celebrated her 1st Valentine's Day. She started the day off in a great mood. I did not want to bring her to school. Then I dropped her off and she became hysterically upset that I was leaving her. She has been clingy the last several days. I guess she is going through separation anxiety? I spent the day getting things done around the house and preparing for my parent's visit this weekend. MJ and I picked her up early this afternoon and discovered that she had a great day at school, despite her episode this morning. Her class had a little Valentine's party and she got some goodies! Then when she got home, she got some more goodies from us, not to mention lots of hugs and kisses. She is good at kissing and hugging us now. It is so sweet and so rewarding to feel her love. We gave her a balloon, a teddy bear, and 2 books. One was a Biscuit book and the other was a Baby Snoopy book. She did not show much interest in them, as she wanted to play with her balloon and teddy bear. Then she wanted to eat some M&M's we gave her Daddy. Before I gave her one, she smacked her mouth and said "hummmm", then made the hand to mouth motion! Too Cute!

We hope you all had a great Valentine's Day!

No comments: