
Today was my last day of student teaching. I had a great time and learned so many things from my mentor teacher. It was a really good day and I got to watch my teacher interact with the kids again. She is so good with them, I hope that I can be as good as her someday. All three grade level teachers got the students together at the end of the day for a little goodbye party. They gave me a nice tote bag that I can put pictures in that will show up on the outside, an apple picture frame for my desk (when I get a job), a pointer, and a gift certificate to a teacher store! I can't wait to use them. The room mothers baked me a cake and also gave me a nice spa bath package in a cute tote bag that I can also use to transport my teacher materials. All of the kids wrote me goodbye notes and gave me cards. Some of the students even brought me small gifts. I was so grateful. When I first entered the room where all the kids and teachers were, there was this one little girl who was crying because it was my last day. It was so hard to hold back the tears, but I knew that if I cried, it would make the rest of the children cry. I was so touched by all of the students' and teachers' genersosity. I will never forget this experience. My plan now is to apply for a substitue position, which my mentor teacher is hoping for, because she has asked that I sub for her. I will then start looking for a full time teacher position in the spring for the next school year.
Adoption Update: The CCAA has referred people who had a LID up to 9/8/05. Some people who had log in dates of 9/9-9/10/05 also recieved referrals, even though it is not listed on the CCAA website. So, at this current rate, MJ and I figure we may see our referral in either late February or March. It depends on far into the rest of the Sept. LID's they match as to when we may recieve our referral. Everyday it feels like the wait gets longer and longer, but I know it will be here before we know it. I am just going to have to keep myself busy, so that way it won't feel so long! Keep your fingers crossed!






No comments:
Post a Comment