
I know I have not updated the blog lately. I have hardly any time to do anything these days. School is going great! I have been left alone with the kids quite a bit and let me tell you, everythings feels chaotic! But, I think I am beginning to gain some control. Classroom management is one of the first things you learn, and of course the kids have been testing me. I think that is normal when they realize it is not their "real" teacher who is teaching them. I have figured out most of the students and know which ones to keep a close eye on! I do know all of their names and faces now! I have taught several math lessons and today I got to teach a spelling lesson with one of the other first grade teachers. That was fun, although I forgot a couple of things because I did not know that I was going to teach! Also, I was so nervous because the principal was in the classroom the whole time! Agghhh! I was shaking like crazy! (I was probably red as a beet too!) My next step is to apply for my Texas teacher's certification. I plan to do that tomorrow. It should not take forever. Then I will work on my resume and portfolio for when I get ready to apply for a job.
As far as referals go, here is an update. The CCAA just matched families who were LID between July 23, 2005 and August 9, 2005. That is more days matched than in previous months. But the wait still seems to be around 13-14 mos. We are hoping that it will speed up somewhat, but we are not going to get our hopes up just yet. We have a feeling that we may not see our referal until late December or sometime after the beginning of the new year. We will keep you all posted.






No comments:
Post a Comment