"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." --An ancient Chinese belief


Sunday, September 10, 2006

Back in the Swing of Things Again


I started student teaching last Tuesday, September 5th! That was a long day for me, because not only did I just meet the students, other teachers, and school staff, I also met some of the parents. After school was over, I had to stay and learn about the administrative stuff teachers have to do daily, then I got to go home for an hour, and had to be right back at the school for a "Parent Information Night" at 6pm. That was pretty cool, because I got to see what it is like to meet parents from a teacher's perspective! I am student teaching in a First Grade classroom and so far it has been a blast. The kids are great and so is my mentor teacher. She even let me teach a math lesson to the kids this past Thursday. I taught the lesson twice. There are two groups of students and they rotate teachers, which is called cooperative teaching. One 1st grade teacher teaches math and science (my mentor teacher) and the other teacher teaches reading, language, and social studies. All of the students come together twice a day for big unit lessons and to do their daily calendar chats. So back to my 1st time teaching, the first group of students I taught were very good and did everything I asked them to do. The second group, well, let's just say that they tested me!!! Those little boogers! I got through it and learned what I need to do differently, but I had fun the whole time and boy did the time fly by!


Look who has taken over Meghan's crib. I came home one day, and this is where I found our kitty. She likes anything that resembles a box! Well, the last batch of referrals only covered through July 22nd. We are waiting to see how far they get into the August LID group. I have a sneaky suspicion that we won't see our referral until sometime in late Jan. or Feb, but we shall see. Who knows, CCAA could speed up and it may be sooner than that. That is why we are anxiously awaiting the August LID referrals. It will give us an idea of how long the wait might be. Other than that, MJ and I just took an internet class on attatchment and bonding. We have also registered for an Infant/Child CPR class that we will take in October and will attend another internet class through our adoption agency. So, now we just sit back and wait........

No comments: