"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." --An ancient Chinese belief


Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Welcome 2008!

www.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.ws

Meghan spending her first New Year's Eve with her kitty, Catie. She crashed before the "ball" dropped and the clock struck midnight!

Hanging out, being silly on New Year's Day. We were playing on the floor with her Snow Leopard and some costume bracelets. (Picture below).

I can't believe that it is already 2008! We had a quiet exit from 2007 and a nice easy start to 2008. Meghan is sick again with congestion and a slight ear infection. We took her to the doctor yesterday and she was given some medicine to help combat her illnesses. MJ and I finally got a good night's rest after 3 nights of being up with Meghan. She was really fussy and could not get comfy.

Meghan and I took it easy today. I kept her indoors and home, to help her get better. We played while her daddy went into work for some overtime. We missed having him here, but I enjoyed having some "bonding" time with Meghan. We found places to keep all of her new Christmas toys and put away the rest of the gifts that were still under the tree. It is time to start thinking about taking down the tree and decorations until next year. It feels like I just put them all up! Another year gone, and another great one to look forward too. I guess the next holiday that we will be celebrating is Chinese New Year. I am looking forward to incorporating that holiday into our lives. Plus, I get to put my pretty new silk, red table cloth on the table!

While Meghan was napping today, I sat back and thought about where we were 1 year ago, at that moment in time. MJ and I were in Louisiana visiting my parents and I can remember how anxious I was to find out how far China made it through the referrals. I followed the RQ blog religiously, once I discovered it. (And, I still follow it). It is hard to believe that MJ and I are now parents, when at this time last year I was wondering what it would be like to have a little person around all the time. Well, I don't have to wonder about that anymore. Having Meghan has been a blessing and joy. MJ and I are looking forward to watching Meghan grow and develop over the next year. We wish all of you a very Happy New Year!

No comments: