The last two weeks have been a blur for us. We have all been ill with this horrid cold. It started with Meghan. She had an ear infection along with a sinus infection. MJ and I caught it from her, but I think I got the worst of it. I had stomach problems and was suffering from bad sinus headaches. Those headaches made me lathargic. I think this was worse than the flu. MJ had just a bad cold. Lucky him. Meghan recovered nicely from her ear infection and cold. She lost her appetite for several days and trying to feed her was a challenge. Remember, I was not feeling well, so the "challenge" part may be exagerated somewhat. Once she got her appetite back, she has been eating everything we have offered her. She is such a good eater. I guess she has more of an appetite now too, because she is "On the Move!" Meghan started crawling, not scooting, soon after she started feeling better. She is a fast mover. We had to put the baby gates up because she will be in another room before you can turn around. She is also testing her balance. She will let go things, but still hangs on with one arm. She laughs when she does it. It is too funny. Now that we are all feeling better, life is getting back to normal. Meghan has been keeping us busy or as she would say "bz, bz, bz". MJ is teaching her to say "busy, busy, busy". Meghan is a mimic. She is repeating sounds in the words that we say. We are working on teaching her how to say "cat". She can say "hat", so we just need to get that "c" sound going! I am sure it will happen when Meghan is ready. That is how her progression has been. We have not forced her to do anything, we just encourage her to do things. I am sure that daycare has had a positive effect on her because she is more active and is always jibber jabbering. She is very "talkative" when we pick her up. I am sure she is telling us everything that happened in daycare. I think we will have a "talker" on our hands. Ha! Here are some pictures from the past couple of weeks.

Can we please be friends and share my toys? The cats are really starting to interact more with Meghan. She loves them too. She always tries to kiss them! She has learned how to kiss! She is such a little "love bug!"
Aww, my sick little girl. This was the day that she was diagnosed with her ear infection. She felt so bad and went right to sleep after we gave her the medicine the pediatrician prescribed. Even Catie was worried about her.
Ok Mom, I am feeling better. I am going to get Catie's tail! Catie knew Meghan was there, but yet, she still put herself in the vacinity of danger. Yes, Catie enticed Meghan with that tail of hers. We are teaching Meghan not to reach for their tails. I think that is a test that cats do on humans to see if we are worthy of them.

As you can tell from this picture, Meghan was feeling 100 percent like herself! She was crawling everywhere that day, checking out her surroundings from a new perspective.
I knew this day would come, so that is why I organized at least one kitchen cabinet for her to explore. I did this before we left for China. All kids like to explore where places that they think are "off limits" to them. Well, I planned for it and pretended like she got into a place she should not have. No, I did not fuss at her, but I made her look at me with that expression you see in the picture! She now knows that she can crawl to that cabinet and play with those "neat" objects that are so much better than toys!
No comments:
Post a Comment