"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." --An ancient Chinese belief


Monday, September 24, 2007

Making friends and finally, a pig tail!

Things have been quite busy here the last few days. Meghan has figured out how to pull herself up on the coffee table, so we had to lower her crib. She has not done it again since I caught her doing it a couple of days ago, but I am sure she will do it again soon. MJ and I decided we should be safe rather than sorry. You know, she will do it in her crib, it is Murphy's Law! Meghan is playing more on the floor and is really noticing her 2 kitties. She watches them and I am hoping their interest in her will help motivate her to crawl. (I know I will regret saying this when she does crawl and starts to explore everything! LOL!) She is trying to crawl. She puts her legs in the positions, but just has not figured out how to get that booty in the air. She can also be lazy and will see if I will help her. MJ and I just sit far enough from her that she has to figure out how to get to us or a toy. She can scoot on her belly and turn herself around.
Meghan's hair is starting to grow! I was able to actually make a little pony tail on the top of her head! And she does not pull these out, like she does with the barrettes. This week is a busy one for us, on Friday, she will be legally adopted. We are looking foward to meeting the judge who will preside over her re-adoption. This is the last big thing we have on our "to do" list. After this, we only have our post-placement home studies.
Does Echo look like a cat who has "heart problems" ? She sure has a lot of curiousity and energy. She was not real sure of Meghan the past couple of months. She would hide most of the day and come out at night after Meghan would go to bed. Lately, she has been getting closer to Meghan and allowing Meghan to pet her. She is even sort of playing with Meghan. Echo also shows a lot of concern over Meghan when she cries. Meghan is starting to notice the cats more and reaches for them. She will even try to lean into to them to kiss them, but they won't get that close to her! It is really cute. We have been working with Meghan to teach her to be gentle to the cats. Echo goes to the vet in a couple of weeks for her "heart" check. I will be curious to see what the vet says. I am really happy that Meghan is able to get to know Echo and have Echo in her life. I prayed for this to happen and hope that Echo will continue to do well so that Meghan will have her around for several more years. I also would like to have more time with Echo, because she is a very special kitty. Catie is still being "motherly" towards Meghan, but runs away before I can take a photo of her near Meghan. Catie also has a vet visit coming up. She is 11 years old. I can't believe it! She is doing well for her age and is very playful. MJ thinks she will live well beyond the ripe old cat age of 20! I sure hope both kitties live a long life!
Here are some pictures. Meghan attempting to play with Echo. Meghan got a hold of Echo's string and Echo became curious as to why Meghan had it. Don't worry, I supervised the whole thing, I did not let anything happen to either of them.
Echo crawled into one of Meghan's toy baskets. Meghan discovered Echo in there when she went in search of another toy. It was really cute watching them. Too bad the video camera was not nearby!
Meghan was on the floor and MJ handed her Echo's over-the-door toy. Echo was watching Meghan play with it. Echo is possessive over this toy when Catie is near it, so I am sure she was wondering what Meghan was doing with it.
This photo was taken right after we lowered Meghan's crib. We set Meghan in it to see how far we had to bend over to reach for her, then Echo jumped in to see what we were doing. She is still as nosey and curious as ever!
Meghan lounging in her high chair drinking her water while waiting for her dinner. She can now hold her own water bottle. We are working on the sippy cup also. She will put it in her mouth, but does not understand to tip it up. I took the picture because we finally can make little pony tails in her hair! It is starting to grow! It is much thicker, too. By the way, for those who are still waiting or close to getting their daughters (or sons), your child's head may be very flat in the back. Meghan's was really flat when we got her. Since we have been home, it has really taken on a nice rounded shape. It is amazing at how much her head has changed. I look back at the first pictures when we became a family and the back of her head was so flat. Our pediatrician assured us that her head would slowly take on the rounded shape once she stopped laying on the back of her head all the time. He was right.

No comments: