Time sure is flying by! It seems like there is not enough of it during the day. Our trip to China now seems as if it were a distant memory. It feels like Meghan has been ours from the very beginning. She is really starting to show us her personality and each day brings new things! It is amazing as to how fast they catch up. Meghan is talking more (babbling) and playing more. She likes us to hold her because she wants to stand up as much as possible, but she can't do it on her own. She is able to sit by herself much better, although she does occassionally roll to either side. She can get herself back to sitting, but not from a laying down position. So, we have not had to move her bed to a lower setting yet! I am sure that will happen soon enough! Meghan still enjoys swimming and playing in her activity center. She had a great checkup at the doctor today. He did a full blood work-up on her and her tests came back great. She was negative for HIV and she did have the first two HEP B shots. Her bloodwork showed that she had the antibodies. She is slightly anemic. Her iron count was low, so he prescribed her an iron supplement. We were really pleased to get such great results! Her next visit back to the doctor will be sometime around the first of September. In the mean-time, we are to work with getting her to start standing on her own. I don't think that will be too hard! Here are some pictures. Meghan has had several guests over to visit and this coming weekend, my mom and several of my good friends are throwing us a "Welcome Home" party for Meghan. So we will be busy again, and then two weeks later we go to my parent's home to celebrate her birthday. She will be busy for a while, but then things will settle down quite a bit for a while.
Playing in my activity center while mommy and daddy get dinner ready!

Mmmm, I love Gerber's banana, strawberry, and apple mix! I laugh and squeal when they feed it to me!

Catie and Echo hanging out while we were feeding Meghan. How could I forget them? They did great while we were gone. I know I was the biggest worry wart, but now I know I can leave Echo for a few days and she will be okay. She is a little jealous of Meghan, but that is to be expected. We are trying to keep things the same for them and give them just as much attention as we used too! Catie is also doing much better than we expected. It is almost like Catie has taken on a mothering role. It is really sweet how she treats Meghan.

Taking a nap in my own crib. I sleep in my pack-n-play in mommy and daddy's room at night, but take naps in my own room. We hope to have her sleeping in her crib all the time in the next couple of months.

My favorite thing to do all day! I love taking baths! Isn't mommy funny? She spiked my hair!
For those of you who are waiting for a referral or travel, I plan to write about what I took with me to China that was needed and not needed. I am still gathering my list and should have it posted in the next day or two. I hope to do it this evening, but can't say that I will get to it for sure. Stay tuned!
1 comment:
Your pictures are great! Glad you all made it home safely! Lookin forward to your list, as the thought of such a big trip is a bit intimidating to me!
Post a Comment