"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." --An ancient Chinese belief


Sunday, February 25, 2007

Shopping and Decorating

MJ and I have been quite busy the last couple of weeks. Last weekend my parents came up to visit and we put Meghan's closet together. We also went to the "Body World" exhibit at the museum. It was really interesting and we learned a lot! Here are a few pictures of Meghan's closet. I now have lots of storage space and the good thing is that we can change it as Meghan gets older.





This is the front view.












This is the left side view. It has some shelves and a storage bin.












This picture kind of shows the right side view. It also has shelves.








This past weekend I went shopping with a friend. We went to an antique store/mall and I found this cute tea set for Meghan. Actually I think she saw it first and then pointed it out to me. She knows I like to collect unusual tea pots, so this fits right in with my collection. Maybe Meghan will develop this nack for tea pots!










Then after I got home, MJ and I took a drive to a Honda Dealership. MJ said he wanted to look because he did not want to go through another summer without a/c in the car. Summers here in TX are brutal. He also said that he did not want our new daughter riding in a car without a/c, even though we agreed I would use the other car, and he did not want us in a car that is unreliable. It has needed quite a bit of maintance to keep it going lately. We originally have planned to wait until next fall to purchase a new car, but MJ felt it was time to think about getting a new car, if the "price was right". So, we took our 15 year old Honda Accord up there just to see what they would give us on a trade in and what kind of deal we could get out of them for a new car. Well, let's just say that we drove out of their with a new one. We are calling it the "mom mobile". Here are a couple of pictures.













I never dreamed I would have a new car. This was a complete shock to me yesterday, as MJ and I never discussed nor talked about getting a new car now. He told me he had been considering this for a while. He can be so sneaky that way! But I am happy and grateful that I have such a loving and caring husband. There is no doubt in my mind that he will be a good dad to Meghan!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Congratulations on your new Mom Mobile! I can't wait for our referrals! Not long now!


Samantha
LID 10/28/05
http://lillysadoption.blogspot.com/