It is hard to believe that summer is almost over. We have been busy since our last post doing projects, visiting family, and friends. After the 4th of July, we spent a couple of weeks at home. Meghan loved going to the pool and during that time, I got a job that will allow me to be with her and gain some valuable experience as a teacher. I am looking foward to my new job. Then we took another trip to Louisiana to visit my parents. We played in the pool the entire time, except for some shopping! Meghan had a great time and has become quite a little "waterbug"! She loves the water. When we came back, we visited with some more special friends. We visited with her friend Abby, who was adopted at the same time as Meghan from the same orphanage. We had a great visit and I think the girls remembered each other because they "hit it off" well as soon as we got together. Then we visited our friend Lizzie and my best friend, because they had a very sad day. (See pictures for explanation). At the end of the month we also saw another close friend , Emily, who we have not seen in a long time. Meghan had lots of fun playing with her and even got some special toys from her.
As July slipped away, we moved into August and had some really hot days here in Texas. It was miserable and we just stayed indoors because it was awful outside. We took Meghan to see the circus and she loved it. She did great until about the last 45 minutes. She enjoyed watching the acrobats, animals, and clowns. Towards the end she became restless, but I think that was due to no nap. She did not take her nap that day due to the time of the Circus. But we all had fun and it was an early Birthday Present to her! We both started "school" last week and so far we are hanging in there. We are getting used to our new routines and Meghan is adjusting well to her class. She has a really nice teacher. I am getting my room ready which is fun. I love doing that stuff.
Tomorrow is Meghan's 2nd birthday and we are looking foward to her party this weekend. Meghan is growing and becoming more vocal. She is now regularly putting two words together and sometimes three. It is fun listening to her talk and watching her explore new things! Here are some pictures!
Meghan loves to wear my shoes!
She can even walk in them too! I guess it does not matter whether or not they match!
Meghan and Echo have become best friends.
We must have done something really fun to tire her out this much!
Meghan learning how to clean shrimp with her Grampy!
Playing and having fun at Nana and Grampy's pool.

Watching "copurz" (helicopters) land!

Meghan finally tried a "naaa" (banana) and ate half of the banana!


I am posting a couple of pictures of our "fur babies". A couple of weeks ago, my best friend's special kitty, Sombra, unexpectantly passed away. She was only 8 years old and so full of life. She was such a friendly kitty and I have known her since she was about 6 weeks old. She was found in a parking garage at DFW airport where I used to work by one of our co-workers. He could not keep her, so my best friend adopted her. Sombra will be missed and we know that she is in a safer, happier place, somewhere beyond the Rainbow Bridge.

Having fun at the Ringling Brother's and Barnum Bailey's Circus!

Aren't the big kitties beautiful? I enjoy watching them because I am a cat lover, of course!

Visiting the ducks at a lake by our house. Meghan loves to bring them "breat" and feed them.
We have also been watching the Olympics this past week. The opening ceremonies were very moving and the choreography was awesome (despite the lip sync moment). They made us proud of Meghan's homeland. We hope to buy the DVD of it when it is released for her to watch someday when she is older. Seeing all of the sights on tv has brought back many special memories for us. We wish both the U.S. and Chinese athletes well. As we are rooting for both countries!
No comments:
Post a Comment