Meghan has been very active the past couple of weeks. She takes every bit of energy out of me! Meghan has been progressing well and is now talking more and more each day! She repeats everything we say and it has been fun seeing her personality grow and develop! Meghan will answer the phone now, if it is in her reach. She did this the other day and brought it to me. I thought she was playing, but there was actually someone on the other end! I never heard the phone ring. Now I have to watch her like a hawk!
We took Meghan swimming over Memorial Day weekend. She had a blast once she figured out the "kiddie" pool and loves to be in the big pool with us. She likes to float on her belly, with our help of course, and will kick her legs when we tell her too! It is so cute! I can tell that she is going to be a little "water bug" She also discovered the water slide in the Kiddie pool and loves to slide down it by herself. I help her climb the stairs and her daddy catches her at the end of the slide. She always has the biggest smile when she slides down it. Meghan wears us out because she does it over and over and over!
Meghan loves to clown around and here is one of those photos. She loves to put my socks on herself and is now trying to put her own shoes on. She also tries to put her own clothes on, too! She wants to be independent. It is like we went from baby one week to little girl the next. She is now feeding herself with spoons and forks. She does really well with it, although when you remove her from the highchair, you wonder if she got enough to eat! We find lots of food in that chair! Meghan also likes to dance around and is starting to sing some of her favorite "toddler" tunes! She loves, "wheels on the bus", "clean up", "Dem' Bones", and "Old Mac Donald". She will jump around, clap, and jabber the tune. I will have to video tape her doing that one of these days! Just never have time, she keeps me busy!
Here is a picture of Meghan with her new friend. We went to Lafayette for several days to see my parents and she got to meet my brother's puppy, Dino. Dino is about Meghan's size and is 3 months old. Dino will grow to be about 70-75lbs. She is a boxer, if you can't tell and has the greatest personality! She is sweet, full of play, and sassy! I got to rock her to sleep! My brother has her spoiled already. She is totally an indoor dog and will only stay outside if people are with her. Otherwise she wants right back in the house! Meghan was jealous of Dino when she first met her, but by the second day she started to warm up to her and began calling her "Deo". Meghan likes dogs, but did not know how to react when she first met Dino. Meghan got upset and jealous when Dino took my parent's bird's tennis balls. She would snatch them whenever Dino dropped them! It was so funny to watch. But, I definately know now that I will wait until Meghan is a couple of years older before I even consider getting a puppy. The two of them wore us out. Think about it, in dog years, Dino is 2 years old and Meghan is approaching the challenging two's. So it was like having 2 toddlers at the same time. I don't think I can handle that right now!
Here is one of Dino's sassy puppy pictures. It is actually one of the first "viewings" we had of Dino. Meghan still loves our kitties. She calls both of them "Gecko". All cats are "Gecko". But they are doing great with her. Meghan can now approach them and pet them, but they won't let her hold them yet. I still have to help her with that. We are having a good summer so far, and I am sure there will be lots more to post in a couple of weeks. Meghan is not going to daycare right now, since I am home for the summer. I am looking foward to spending lots of time with her!
No comments:
Post a Comment