"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." --An ancient Chinese belief


Saturday, October 14, 2006

Can You Say Frustrated?

Image hosting


Well, these last two weeks have been absolutely nuts! When MJ left for Canada, our desktop computer decided to crash. I moved the laptop into the bedroom where the desktop was and it has been confined to that location ever since. It was okay when he was away, because I was able to be on the computer at any time. But, when he came home, things changed and I was all out of sorts. You see, I am used to having the laptop in the living room with me. I do most of my "homework" at night after MJ goes to bed. Plus, I spend time on Yahoo Instant Messenger chatting with my friends. I don't like to talk on the phone much, the messenger thing is so kool. (It also reminds me of my days at AA when I used to send these computer messages to other friends or co-workers via U-Messages.) I still miss AA.
Okay, back to my story. Well, MJ and I unpluged the beast, hauled it into the shop to have it fixed. That darn thing froze while I was trying to help him find a flight to Canada. So I shut it off and it was still frozen on the same screen. Then I unpluged it. Well, when I did that, somehow it kicked out the network connection icons and guess what? You need them to go on the internet!! Argghh! When this happened, it killed my wireless connection. So we explained all of this to the "Geek Squad" at Best Buy. They said they would fix it. Approximately 5 days later we got it back. They said it was fixed, but the icons were still not there. We lugged it home, plugged it in and tried to connect to the internet. It did not work. I called SBC DSL services and they told me the computer needed those network connections. I told them I did not have them. He told me to put in the restore disk to fix the device. Well, guess what? I didn't have any restore disks!!!! So, I called Best Buy back and they said, "Bring it back in". So, here we go again. Unplug, disconnect, and lug it in. But, before we did this, I backed up all my files, as much as I could. I did not want to pay for Best Buy to back up my stuff. We are already a few dollars in the hole because of this beast! Meanwhile, I only have a few minutes everyday to check the internet because I get home so late from school that I barely see MJ. He is always one step away from crawling into bed, which means, No Internet For Me!!! To make things short, (after my long story), Best Buy ended up restoring the computer. MJ picked it up on Thursday of this week and I just now finished loading everything on it. But, it was not easy. I discovered I somehow lost my printer software disk and I had to call the wireless router company and SBC to help re-connect everything. That took a good couple of hours. Then I had to load all my Microsoft Office Programs back onto the computer and arrange all the other icons on the computer to my likings. Now, the laptop is back in the living room where it belongs and I can now try to get my life back on track again. I sure felt lost and confused without my "routine"! Oh, school demands all of a teacher's time!! I guess you make up for all that time off in the summer during the school year. So, do not ever think that teachers have a cush job because they have all the holidays and summers off!!!! I am here to tell you otherwise!

No comments: